4:58 AM

Jesus in the Flesh

John 1:14-18 says

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.  We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.  John testifies concerning him.  He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'" From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.  For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.  No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Fathers's side, has made him known.

How comforting it is to know that Jesus came and lived here on this earth.  Not only does Jesus know me, he knows first hand what it is like to live on this earth.  He did it himself!  He also knows the way the world should be, because He made it and it was perfect!  So the One who is giving me blessing after blessing is the One who knows better than anyone else how I should be blessed.  He knows what I need, what I want, what will help me to see the need I have for Jesus, so that I want more and more of Him, and less and less of me.  My life is filled with blessings and I am thankful.  I will thank God for the blessings that surround me: family, friends, the country I live in, wonderful sunny winter days, etc.  But I will also thank God for the blessings that come disguised as hardships.  Those things that happen that I do not understand and I do not like.  My life is filled with blessings and I am thankful.  Thank you God for making Jesus known to me!

0 comments: