6:08 PM

How am I Growing?

This is a picture of a tree that I pass by almost every day.  It always gets my attention because of how it is growing.  It's obviously not exactly straight.  In fact, you cannot tell from this picture, but the roots are bulging out of the ground.  My guess is it had some pretty rough days at the beginning but it seems to be headed in the right direction now.  Just about every time I pass it I can't help but think of my own Christian walk.  Unlike the tree, I had a wonderful start.  I couldn't ask for a better foundation to build my Christian walk.  But I am like every other sinner out there who messes up.  I have days my life is not pointing toward heaven and my strong Christian roots start bulging out of the ground.  There are days when I am simply a little "off".  I get away from having good long prayer time.  I neglect my bible study.  I procrastinate in doing good.  The list could go on and on.  I am so thankful that God forgives me and continues to love me despite my leaning!

Thank you Father for being there to straighten me out.  Thank you for Your words in Psalm 23:6 that says "Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." You are an awesome God!  Amen.

0 comments: