5:07 PM

Italian Sausage Soup


My husband bought me a cookbook called Americas's Most Wanted Recipes.  It is filled with great recipes that I cannot wait to try.  I adapted the soup recipe for today from Olive Garden's Italian sausage soup found on page 178.  I left out the spinach and tomato paste and substituted my own canned tomatoes.  I love finding a way to use the canned tomaotes from my garden.  I was also able to use the beef broth I made from canning my own ground beef.  It's a little late to can tomatoes but you can look up my previous post on how to can ground beef/broth if your interested.

So here is what you need to make it my adapted way:
1 pound bulk sweet Itailian sausage (or links taken out of the casing)
1 cup converted white rice
1 quart beef broth
1 quart stewed tomatoes (or a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes)
salt and pepper to taste
grated Romano cheese for garnish


Brown the sausage in the bottom of a large pot, breaking it up as it browns.

Add the 1 cup of cooked rice to the Italian sausage and stir until it is completely coated in the fat from the sausage.


Add the can of tomatoes, beef broth and the salt and pepper to taste.  Let is simmer for just a few minutes and your done!

0 comments: