9:27 AM

Coconut Oil


Last February I posted how to make a balm out of olive oil and beeswax.  I love that recipe and have it on hand at all times.  Ever since I found out how to make it,  I have no use for buying lotion anymore.  It is my pleasure to supply anyone I have made any for to refill their containers.  That being said, there is another substitute for lotion that I also use, especially for extra dry skin.  Coconut oil is the most absorbable oil for your skin.  Besides that, it smells so good!  I had forgot about it until I found some in my pantry.  Occasionally I buy it to put it on my toast (it also tastes as good as it smells).  The winter is the best time to use it for lotion because it turns to liquid in warm temperatures.  So I have had my coconut oil sitting in my bathroom and the jar didn't look so pretty.  I had this idea to make it look nicer and I thought I would share it with you.  As a side note you can find coconut oil at health food stores or in the organic section of the grocery store.

All you need is the jar of coconut oil, packaging tape, scissors, scrap book paper.












Cut the paper the width you need to cover up the label and wrap it around the jar.  Put a piece of tape at one end to hold it in place and then use the packaging tape to cover up the paper.  I needed go around twice to cover up the whole paper.









If I was making it for a gift I would use my label maker to personalize it before I put the tape over it. Now you can enjoy another healthier way to hydrate!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi,
Susan another good option for protecting the paper around the jar would be do decopodge it. I love my balm and may just try the coconut oil sometime. Right now I have a supply of MK.
Love,
Mom