7:42 AM

Flourless Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies


What a great discovery I made today.  I was looking through the December issue of Southern Living magazine and found this winner recipe.  I don't think I will use flour in my peanut butter cookies again.  These cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious.  My daughter has been my taste tester for these.  So far she has tried them right out of the oven and after they have cooled.  Both trials have been yummy.

 This is what you need:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
parchment paper


Preheat oven to 350.













Stir together 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 large egg, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well blended.










Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.














Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.  This task is made easier by spraying your measuring spoon with cooking spray.  I got 18 cookies out of my dough.  The recipe said I should get 2 dozen, but that would make for a pretty tiny cookie.







Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.  Cool on baking sheets on wire rack 5 minutes.  Transfer to wire rack, and let cool 15 minutes.  (Or if you are like my daughter, eat one within 5 minutes of taking them out of the oven :D)  Enjoy!

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey Everyone I can testify that these cookies are amazing!!! Give them a try.