2:17 PM

Cheesy Vegetable Chowder Soup


My family certainly has had their fill of soup lately. So I think this is the last one for a while.  This is  probably my kids very favorite soup.  The recipe is from my cousin Annie who I am very thankful shared this with me quite a few years ago.  The only change I have made from the original is that I add ham to it so that my husband can consider it a meal.  My husband considers any food that doesn't have meat an appetizer no matter how filling it is!

Here is what you need:

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup celery
3/4 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped potatoes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped ham (optional)


Combine onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic powder, and chicken broth in a large pot and bring to a boil.  Cover and reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corn, remove from heat.



Melt butter, add flour and cook 1 minute.  Gradually add milk.


Add the flour/butter mixture to the soup and stir.


Add the cheese and ham.  Stir until the cheese is melted.  Now sit back, relax, and enjoy this tasty soup on this chilly evening.

0 comments: