6:10 AM

Foundational Truth

What is the #1 Foundational Truth?  It is that I am a sinner and Jesus is the Saviour.  It is the same truth for everyone living here on earth.  This truth has bad news that is quickly followed with great news.  John 8:36 says "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."  I love that verse.  What hope it brings to me.  How comforting to know that the sin that traps me is not stronger than the Jesus that sets me free.  I thank the Holy Spirit for being at work in my life.  I am well aware that I cannot make it to heaven on my own effort.  I mess up every day with the thoughts, words and actions that I either do, say, or think or neglect to do, say or think.  I let time slip by, busyness as my excuse not to spend time in prayer and bible study.  I allow myself to place other people or things in higher places than my Holy God.  I give up on things that I have asked God to help me with.  And I know I have not only disappointed myself, but more importantly, my Saviour.  Thanks be to God for His forgiveness and newness that He brings me every day!

I, like you I'm sure, have had a very busy summer.  I have not had a whole lot of time to submit any new recipes. I would like to encourage you with a couple of things, one is to look back through the beginning of this blog.  I have been doing this for 7 months already!  I would still like to make it better to navigate, but for now it is the best I can do.  Please call or e-mail me to give me any recipe or household tip that you think I might want to share.  I have a big project I am working on that I will be sharing soon, please check back often for more details.   Also, my mom has a wonderful blog where she shares some recipes and words of wisdom through her weight loss journey.  You can click here to view it.  Hope to hear from you soon!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Susan,
Great thoughts and verses! I love what you said about the sin that traps us is not stronger than the Jesus that sets us free. Very wise and very true. Thanks for the referral to my blog.
Love You,
Mom

Caroline said...

Hi Susan,
Well I made the Artisan Bread again and this time I made sure I did 6 1/2 cups of flour. I used toothpicks to count out the cups. Remedial for sure but it worked and the bread turned out great!
I think I must have miss counted the last time.
Love,
Mom