6:57 PM

Grilled Chicken with Tomato, Onion and Asiago Cheese Sauce

I know it has been a while since I have posted anything.  It's not that I haven't had dinner in that long, it's just that I have done a lot of repeats lately and haven't had anything new to share.  This was what I served my family for dinner tonight and I think they were happy for something that you don't serve in a bun!  I kind of created it as I went along so I don't have pictures to show, but I will explain as best as possible.  I used the following:

8 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 large tomato cut into 8 slices
1 medium onion cut into 8 slices
olive oil to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup Asiago cheese
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cloves garlic

Combine the butter with garlic.  Place the chicken on the grill and brush the chicken with the butter and garlic.  Depending on how thick your chicken breasts are, turn over after approximately 6-8 minutes and coat with the butter and garlic again.  While the chicken is cooking, make up the cheese sauce.  Do this by mixing the evaporated milk with cornstarch.  Use a wire whisk to mix it until it comes to a boil. Turn it to low and stir until it is to your desired thickness.   After the chicken is done (when the juices run clear).  Brush the tomato with a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.   Put the chicken on a cooler part of the grill and place the sliced tomato and onion on the grill.  Grill for no more than 3 minutes.  Top each chicken breast with a slice of tomato and onion and pour the cheese sauce over it.  For my husbands serving I added grilled mushrooms.  I hope you enjoy this.  I served it with strawberry spinach salad and a baked potato with sour cream and chives.

0 comments: