10:40 AM

Marinade for Grilled Tilapia

So I am exactly one week away from my birthday.  I had a weight loss goal in mind and now it is time to put the pedal to the medal!  My mom has a fantastic blog called  Temple Reconstruction where you can go to get inspired in different ways to lose weight.  I encourage you to check it out.  My mom has so much to offer from inspiration to recipes.  I have been trying to cook healthier and a bigger variety for my family which brings me to what I am posting today.

This is such a great recipe I found on allrecipes.com.  I don't usually care for fish unless it is deep fried, but this was an exception.  My husband loves fish so for him to say it was the best fish he ever had was saying a lot.  I only got to take one picture because it was gone off of everyone's plate before I remembered to get a final shot.  I grilled mine by placing foil on the grill.  I sort of made a rim around the edges of the foil so that when I poured the marinade onto the fish it didn't leak off onto the hot coals.  I suppose you could do it on the stove if you needed to, but with these hot temperatures why not keep the heat out of the kitchen!

Here are the ingredients:

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil (I used 2 leafs of fresh from my garden)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound tilapia fillets

Place all the ingredients in a ziplock bag.   Let out the extra air and squish the bag around a little to coat the fish.  Put in the refrigerator to marinade for 1 hour before grilling.



Grill until the fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily with a fork.  It should take about 3-4 minutes per side.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Susan,|
This sounds good. I will be trying it out on dad. I'll let you know if I can get by with it. Remember you dad likes fish even less than you do. We have been having at least one fish meal a week. I am thinking of investing in some ear plugs so I can't hear the whining. Love, Mom

Caroline said...

Susan,
Oops I almost forgot to thank you for the kind words you said about my blog. I appreciate it.
Love,Mom

Susan said...

That's funny Mom. I almost needed to buy earplugs to get away from Ron asking me to make fish all the time!