5:44 AM

Give me Rest

Psalm 23:1-3

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."

Doesn't that sound like a place you would like to be right now, especially during these cold winter days?  Just think about it, green pastures and quiet waters. That sounds so refreshing. I know throughout my life I will want things, but God has promised me He will take care of me and give me everything I need. When I am fully aware of God's presence in my life and that He cares about every detail in it, it doesn't matter that I am sitting in my living room typing at a computer, my soul is at rest.  How do I get to this point where my soul is at rest?  Well, the verse says "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters..." .  Jesus wants us to rest!  Spend time in His Word and in prayer. Have fellowship with other believers.  All these things can be times of green pastures and quiet waters.   Desire to be with Him.  Remember, He desires to be with you.  That is why he came and paid the ultimate price for you.     Remember also, he wears the title "Ancient of Days".  He has been taking care of His people since the beginning of time.   If you are struggling with finding rest, remember this verse was as true when it was written so long ago as it is right now.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Dear Susan,
Thank you for the beautiful entry. Green pastures and still waters sound real refreshing right now. Here is a verse that I pray will bless you today.
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Have a wonderful day.
Love You,
Mom

Caroline said...

Dear Susan,
You remind me of the woman described in Proverbs 31:10-31,like your mom.I am so blessed by each of you.
Love,
Happy-Go-Lucky