10:12 AM

Journaling that's Fun


Not to say that journaling on its own can not be fun, but for me I felt I never had time to just sit down and write my thoughts.  This is unique in the fact that it is not only my thoughts, but also my to-do list, a place where I can jot down cute things my kids say, scripture verses, prayers, etc.  Have you ever had a thought pop in your head that you didn't want to forget.  My journal is where I would write that down.  This is not my original idea, my sister shared it with me and she got it from a blog called A Holy Experience.  I leave my book out on the table.  My children have been known to leave me little messages, something that always puts a smile on my face!  I also know that the things I write can encourage my family sitting down for a meal.  I have never been into scrapbooking because of the time and space you need to do that.  This however takes practically no space and just a small amount of time.  All you need to get started is a sketch book, a magazine, and a glue stick.  I have pictured below some pages from my book.  You don't even need scissors! Just tear the pictures out that interest you and put them on the pages however you want.  I make up about a week of pages at a time (more if I'm on a roll with a good magazine!)  I am always amazed at the number of times the pictures have been relevant to the day I am having.  Also, if you are like me and had no magazines in the house, the thought of buying a bunch of magazines could cost a fortune.  I found the library sells dated ones for about 25 cents a piece. The library also has old books for $1 that are great for this project, like landscaping and gardening ones.  I hope you end up doing this.  I find it fun, rewarding, and I love that I can leave my children a legacy.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love doing this!! It is so fun. Thank you for teaching me how to do it.

Susan said...

I had so much fun showing you. Have fun doing it!