7:09 AM

Blessing Others

It can be hard to take time and open the Bible to contemplate on Scripture.  I strongly encourage you to do this on your own, but I would like to take this blogging opportunity to put down some scripture that hopefully encourages and motivates you throughout your day.  So here it is, from Luke 12:16-21:  Jesus told them this parable:  "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop.  He thought to himself, 'What shall I do?  I have no place to store my crops.' Then he said, 'This is what I'll do.  I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.  And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years.  Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry."'  But God said to him, 'You fool!  This very night your life will be demanded from you.  Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'  This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

God has richly blessed me in so many ways:  the family I was born into, the country I live in, the husband I married, the children I have, the church I attend, the house I live in, the talents He has given me, the list only grows everyday.  I am certain you have your own blessings that could fill many "barns" as talked about in the parable.  In all these areas where we are so richly blessed I am certain we can find ways to richly bless others.  It doesn't necessarily take money to be rich toward someone.  Being generous when you have little worldly wealth is very doable and it brings so much joy to both the giver and receiver ( and the Father !)  How about baking someone a loaf of bread just to put a smile on the face of  someone on a cold winter day (check out the Artisan Bread recipe in this blog).  Writing someone an encouraging note and sending it the old fashioned way is another idea.  It's never quite as good opening an email as it is opening an envelope when it comes to personal letters.  Do you know someone not feeling very good right now, you could bring over some dinner (don't forget the dessert, especially if there are kids!).  These are just a couple of ideas, I'm sure you have more.  Please share them with me, but more importantly, literally share them with someone else!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me what I needed to hear on this day.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine told me to read Luke 12 yesterday. And now I see it on your blog, God has ways of comforting people when things are difficult.