12:26 PM

Figuring things out

It has been quite an adventure trying to figure out this blogging thing.  I'm getting nervous now that my oldest daughter is going back to school today and I still do not have the foggiest idea how to do many things that make a blog interesting and fun.  It doesn't help that time was running away while our internet was down for a couple of days!  Oh well, I will find joy in the journey!  I wanted to share a Bible verse I put in my journal today. It is from Romans 12:11-13. "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

These are certainly words to live by.  If I could keep them in the forefront of my mind I am certain I would be more joyful.  The truth is however, that I forget about hope, I am not always patient in affliction, and my prayer time is long from being "faithful".  It is at these times that I get worn out in every way.  Thank God he shows me mercy and gives me encouragement despite of my failures.

Now I am going to make chewy granola bars with Katelyn before she leaves.  She deserves to bring back treats for herself and roommates.  The added benefit is that she is going to take step my step pictures and you can learn how too!  If I have time we are going to do the laundry soap.  Keep looking for these posts, I have no idea when they will be released, but it shouldn't be long.

0 comments: