5:48 AM

Some Scripture About Sitting


As I showed you yesterday, I do a journal that involves tearing out pictures and pasting them on blank pages of a sketch book.  A couple of days ago I had pasted pictures of chairs all over the pages.  Don't ask me why, I just came across a lot of pictures of chairs and thought I would use them.  So when I started my day having some devotional time, I looked up some verses on sitting.  What I found interesting were these two. The first is from Deuteronomy 6:7 that is speaking about the commandments and it says "Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down, and when you get up."  The second verse is found in Psalm 139:2 and it is talking about how much God knows about us and it says, "You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar."  What struck me so much about these verses had nothing really to do about sitting.  In Deuteronomy we are told to teach our children the commandments.  And how are we to be doing that is by talking about them all the time.  He says we are to talk about them when we sit, when we walk, when we lie down and when we get up. Then Psalm 139 tells me that God is thinking about me just as much as He is asking me to think about Him!  It says he knows when I sit and when I rise.   Verse 7 continues with "You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Is there any time God is not thinking of me?  Not according to Psalm 139:6-7!

0 comments: