5:21 AM

Guess Who's Serving Breakfast?

It is another cold winter day with not much sunshine.  I needed to find a bright spot in my day besides looking out the window!   I found these verses in John 21:12-13, "Jesus said to them, 'Come and have breakfast.'  None of the disciples dared ask him 'who are you?' they knew it was the Lord."  I've read these words before, but this morning they bring on new meaning.  I guess I never paid attention before to the meal Jesus was serving.  It was breakfast.  I know how good I feel as a Mom when I serve my family a good tasting, healthy, warm breakfast.  I love to serve my family in this way.  I can only imagine the joy Jesus had serving his disciples breakfast as they were coming in from fishing.  What a treat!  This was a morning none of them would forget.  If you read the whole chapter you find that Jesus performed a miracle with the fish they caught and now he was appearing to them.  This was after Jesus' death, what a way to start the day!  A miracle and a hot breakfast waiting for you as you pull up your boat with Jesus as the cook!  How often has Jesus showed up in my life wanting to serve me and I don't even recognize it is Him?  He desires to serve me. What a thought that is.  How often do I pass up opportunities to serve others and make the day of a friend that really needs it?  Thank God that he forgives me and continues to bless me despite my failures.  I thank God he has given me the Holy Scriptures to learn from and be blessed by.

Well, only RJ and I are up right now, I think I will surprise everyone else still sleeping with a nice breakfast.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Susan,
What a great perspective I never looked at those verses that way before. You make a mom proud!
Love,
Mom

Susan said...

Thank you Mom for showing me how studying the scriptures needs to be a priority in my life. I am proud to have you as my mother!

Aunt Chris said...

Susan,
You are an amazing woman and I am proud to be your Aunt! You need to put your homemade ice cream recipes on here. I was intending to call you for the recipes as soon as we got back from Florida. I am putting together a cookbook for next winter in Florida and want to have "Susan's Homemade Ice Cream" among them. I will sooo impress my friends!
Aunt Chris