7:42 PM

Marked


"And you were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.  Having believed, you were marked with him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit..." - Ephesians 1:13

It was a crisp fall morning when I entered the house returning from a run.  My husband approached me with a smile and said he bought me something.  A little confused, knowing it was too early for him to have gone anywhere, I asked him what it was.  He winked and said he bought a "toy" and really wanted to keep it.  I knew exactly what he was talking about at this point and played along.  

You see, my son loves Disney movies, especially Toy Story.  Sometimes when I enter a room he spontaneously plops down and stares off into space like he is Woody not wanting to be caught talking or playing by a human.  Well, Ron and I really started playing this up, pretending to pull a cord to hear him speak and soon the conversation came around to Ron putting his name on his foot so that everyone would know he had an owner.  To say RJ was pleased with this idea would be an understatement!  He giggled when Ron was writing his name and then looked more satisfied with the results than Woody did when Andy had done the same to him.  

My husband and I thought at the same time what an example this is of what Christ has done for us.  Ephesians 1:13 says, "And you were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.  Having believed, you were marked with him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit..."

The word "DAD" has been washed off my son's foot after a couple of showers, but how comforting to know that our heavenly Dad has him marked with a permanent seal that will never be washed off.  When you trust all that Christ has done for you, you too have a seal, a promise from the Jesus who has never broken a covenant, ever.

0 comments: