12:48 PM

Origami Leaves















Fall is many peoples favorite time of year.  I am guessing it is not because we are one step closer to winter, but because of the beautiful fall colors.  I love the oranges and reds that this season of Autumn brings outside.  Gathering these warm colors into my home is something I look forward to every year.
 I was working on an origami project with my oldest daughter a couple of weeks ago and I had so much fun with it I decided to make these leaves to hang from my chandelier and place around my mantle.  I found this great website that has step by step instructions.  You can get to it by clicking here.  I should also mention that you use square pieces of paper to make origami.  To make the "maple leaf" I used pages from a garden book. I chose fall colored pictures.  You could also use magazine pages. If you go this route you only need color on one side of the page.  The size paper I used for this was approximately 9X9 which produced a 4X4 leaf.  For the "dead leaf" I took a 12X12 piece of scrapbooking paper and quartered it first (so I got 4 leaves out of 1 piece of paper).  It produced a leaf that was approximately 8X8.  If you choose to use a magazine page for this kind of leaf, you will see both sides of the page.
I hope you have a great time with this project.  Please post a comment and let me know how it went for you.  I would also love it if you became a member of this blog, it helps keep me motivated to post more things for you!

0 comments: