10:53 AM

Glass Cleaner



A big part of my day involves cleaning.  No big surprise there right.  I am a mother of four and I love to entertain so it basically comes with the territory.  A couple of years ago when I took the plunge into making my own laundry soap, I decided to buy as little other cleaning products as well.

My sister and I were so excited to share these cleaning products with others. We used the talent of my oldest daughter (a photographer and graphic designer) to make us labels, made lots of product,  rented a table at the local farmers market and stood in 100 degree heat.  I would love to say it went fantastic, but it did not.  In fact, we had so many left over products that I just recently ran out of cleaners and needed to make more.  

I would like to take the next few posts to give out some of the recipes my sister and I use to clean our homes.  I did post the laundry detergent quite a while ago.  You can search for it in the search bar along the side of this blog.  As for now, here is how I make my glass cleaner.

What you need:
1 spray bottle
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon corn starch (optional, but I really to include it)
2 cups warm water

Put all the ingredients in the spray bottle and shake it up (if you are adding the corn starch, shake before each use as the corn starch will settle on the bottom).  Now you have a couple of reasons to smile.  One, you just saved some money over buying traditional glass cleaner and you have a better product.  Two, you don't have to worry about breathing in the fumes! 


0 comments: