7:47 AM

Dream Kitchen

Psalm 84:10-12
"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.  For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.  O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."

Thoughts from a page of my journal...

Yesterday I sat here at my dining room table and cut out pictures from magazines to paste on the pages of my journal.  I had invited Linda and her girls to join me so they could start a journal also.  For my first page I chose this picture of what I would consider a dream kitchen for myself.  I would love to have a large, beautiful commercial appliance kitchen.  Then this morning I read Psalm 84 and am reminded of a couple important facts.  First off, this kitchen that I desire doesn't even compare to what God has in store for me in heaven.  I would rather be a pot washer in heavens kitchen than dwell in the nicest kitchen here on earth!  Second, "no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless."  I have so much good in my life.  I am thankful and blessed.  Thank you heavenly Father for my life.  May I daily put my trust in You.

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Susan,
I was reminded of when I said to Grandma that Grandpa was waiting at the table in heaven for her to make a spaghetti dinner for him. Her reply was that if she had to cook that it wasn't heaven. So what do you think? Is she washing pots? I pray that for a change she is being waited on. Just like you will be one day. Love you, Mom