6:56 AM

Giving Glory and Praise

Psalm 44:8 (NIV)

"O God, we give glory to You all day long and constantly praise Your name." -Psalm 44:8 (NLT)

So what does this scripture mean to me today...
I will give glory to Jesus all day.  Not just when things are going great and life is going the way I want.  I will give Him glory when I look at the mess around me and the "to do" list in front of me and thank Him for the house I have to take care of  and the blessings that created the mess.  I will give Him glory all day by giving myself a heart check-up and make sure I am not grumbling or complaining because I know this is not what God desires of me.  And the verse goes on to say "and constantly praise Your name."  I can do this by praying and studying His Word.  And not ever thinking this is something that I check off my "to-do" list, because I should never be done praying and studying.  I will constantly "praise Your name" by turning on Praise and Worship music to fill my home with His living Word.  I will constantly praise His name by matching the words of my mouth with the actions of my life.  All of this can only be done with the Holy Spirit taking over my day.  Left to myself I quickly wander away from the bountiful life Jesus has for me.

0 comments: