5:45 PM

Homemade Chocolate Pudding

At least once a week my husband asks if I have made pudding for dessert.  Just about once a week I have to tell him "no".  This is mainly because I forget to buy it.  When Ron is with me for my grocery shopping trip and he remembers to grab some, he almost always get the kind he doesn't like, the instant.  Today I decided to try making my own.  I hope he likes it.

This is what you need:


Mix the cocoa, sugar and flour in a medium saucepan and then add the milk.

Bring it to a slow boil until it thickens.  When it does, add the vanilla and butter.

After the butter and vanilla are stirred in, pour into a bowl to cool.  I served mine with whipping cream but almost forgot to take a picture of the finished product.  I remembered when there was just this little bit left.  Ron thought it was not quite as good as Jello brand cook-n-serve, but better than the instant.  I loved it and it was easy to make.  I'm going to try to omit the butter next time and see how it turns out.

0 comments: