1:51 PM

Best Ever Blueberry Muffins

This morning I wanted to make blueberry muffins for Makayla.  She loves grapes with blueberry muffins and most of the time we have one or the other.  Last night at my Bible study I was given grapes that we had leftover from our snack(many thanks to Marie) and I had just bought a large bag of frozen blueberries at Gordons, so I really wanted to surprise her with her favorite breakfast.  Makayla was very thankful and I was happy to do it for her.

Here is what you will need for the muffins:
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup oil (I use canola)
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk (I use buttermilk)
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.

Use a wire whisk to combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.

Place oil into a liquid measuring cup.  Add the egg and enough milk to fill to the one cup line.  Mix this with wire wisk and then pour into the flour mixture.


Fold in blueberries, being careful not to over mix the batter.

Divide batter equally in the muffin tin.

At this point you can either bake them for 20-25 minutes, or you can add an additional crumb topping.  It  adds more calories, but also more yumminess!

For the crumb topping you will need:  1/2 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup white flour, 1/4 cup butter.
Note:  This is enough topping for two batches.  I always store the extra in the refrigerator- it will keep for weeks.

Using a pastry blender, combine the sugar, flour and butter. (To save on dishwashing, I use the same bowl I made my batter in).


Sprinkle some of the crumb topping on each of the muffins.  You should have enough left over for another batch.

Bake them at  400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Enjoy them warm out of the oven, or cooled off.  They freeze well if you can get them to last long enough to put into the freezer!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, you're making me hungry!!!! Now I have to help Julie make these things... the two of us combined MIGHT have the talent to put some of these together. You are so creative! Hey, we got your postcard/invite to the Inside Out Ministries. I have some questions about it... from the title, I think I have a hint as to what it is... and if it is what it is... then I have something huge to share with you. If not, then I'm insane, and you know that already, so just forget this post. Call me... or better yet, email me so I have your address. I can write out what I have to share better than I can explain it verbally. lennyindetroit@hotmail.com
That's my own, separate email address I use for all my writing stuff. p.s. did you see my latest published piece. I'll send it when I get your address. Hellos to Ron, and continued Easter blessings to both of you and the kids!!! Lenny