1:45 PM

New Mac and Cheese


I adapted this recipe from one I saw on Pinterest.  It seemed so simple that I had to try it.  It turned out good so here I am posting it.  I used Colby cheese instead of Cheddar as the recipe called.  Next time I think I will add a mixture of different cheeses, perhaps shredded Parmesan.

Here is what you need:

2 cups dry pasta (I used fusilli)
2 1/2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

 Bring 2 cups of pasta to a simmer with 2 1/2 cups of milk.  Make sure the milk doesn't boil.  Stir often.  Let it simmer for 20-25 or until the pasta is cooked through.








Add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.  Stir to combine.











Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese and stir. All done! You could put it in a baking dish and add bread crumbs to the top and bake at 350 for an additional 10 minutes or so. Enjoy!



















0 comments: