6:17 PM

Citrus Vinegar Cleaner


So here was one of the great ideas I found in a book called Salt, Lemons, Vinegar, and Baking Soda  by Shea Zukowski.  All you do is take the peels from any citrus fruit and put them in a glass jar and cover them with vinegar.  Let the mixture sit for at least 2 weeks and then it is ready to be used.

To use, combine 1 part mixture to 1 part water and put in a spray bottle.  That's it!  Because vinegar kills germs and also neutralizes smells,  I use it for cleaning surfaces, shining up my wood laminate floor, and cleaning glass/mirrors.  I really like the way it smells when putting all different citrus fruits together, like lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit.  I have a couple of jars going at a time so that I never run out.  The mixture doesn't ever go bad and the longer you let it sit the stronger citrus smell you will get.

0 comments: