12:28 PM

Peppermint Patties


So, sorry I didn't get a chance to post this recipe before Christmas.  We enjoyed these cookies so much we made them a few times.  My cravings are returning this very moment just thinking about them!  Thanks to my friend who gave some to me for a Christmas treat, so I can now pass the recipe on to you.  Enjoy!

The ingredients are pretty simple:

1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 sleeve of Ritz (or Ritz type) crackers
1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
parchment paper

I should mention that all these ingredients are approximate.  When we made them we kept melting more chocolate and adding more oil to use up all the crackers we had.  I should mention that a mini crock pot is a very handy appliance to have when melting chocolate for something like this.






Begin by melting the chocolate with peppermint oil.  Dip one cracker at a time in the chocolate.  I found these small tongs worked great for dripping the excess chocolate off.










After you dip the cracker, place it on a parchment lined cooking sheet.  When the sheet is full, place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.  The cookies will pop right off when they are done.

0 comments: